24 June, 2020
Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan Recipe
Do you need an easy meal to plan? This is an easy baked chicken parmesan recipe that your whole family will love! I love it because it is a break from spaghetti which is one of my easy go to meals when I am busy or out of the house all day. Chicken parmesan is just as easy to do as spaghetti except for making sure the chicken is thawed and ready to go when I am ready to cook. Plus with it being a baked recipe, there is no need to stand in front of the hot stove frying the meat.
To go with this, I picked up the ingredients for a tasty side salad which is a nice way of getting raw vegetables into my families diet. You could also serve this on top of pasta with a side salad but tonight I am not having the pasta, just a salad.
Easy Baked Chicken Parmesan
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts – sliced in half length wise
- salt and pepper – optional (because the breading is seasoned as well)
- 1 stick butter – melted
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon parsley
- 1 Tablespoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups (32 ounces) marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese – grated
- Slice chicken breast in half length wise. Lightly salt and pepper each piece if desired. Breading is seasoned so you may not want this much, but I like my meat to be seasoned.
- In a small flat bowl (one big enough to dip the chicken into) combine bread crumbs, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Set aside.
- Melt butter in another small bowl. With a brush, brush on melted butter onto each slice of chicken breast then roll the chicken breast into seasoned bread crumbs. Place into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and bake until chicken juices run clear and the topping is lightly brown approximately 25 -30 minutes.
- Take out of oven and cover chicken with marinara sauce.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Put back into oven until sauce is warmed through and cheese is melted about 10 – 15 more minutes.
- Serve over pasta or by itself with a side salad.
More Chicken Breast Ideas
If you need more ideas on how to cook chicken breast, check out this article on Easy Skinless Boneless Chicken Breasts.
Easy Go To Meals
Do you have a favorite go to meal that makes your busy days easier? I would love to hear about them in the comment section below! Also, I would like ot know how this meal turned out for you! Any and all comments are welcome and appreciated.