20 January, 2020
Easy Chicken Salad Recipe – Great For Feeding A Crowd!
This Easy Chicken Salad Recipe has been great for when I need to feed a large gathering of people. I have used it for a baby shower and at least twice I have made it for a soup and sandwich fellowship at our church.
The recipe can also be halved or quartered if you need it for fewer people. I have done this for my family when we need a good picnic lunch.
I normally use chicken salad for sandwiches. I like using crescent rolls that I purchase in the store, cut a slit in the center and fill the cavities. If you want to use this on your favorite bread, store-bought or homemade, it will work for that too! Another way of enjoying it is on a bed of greens. Great for a healthier dish.
Easy Chicken Salad Recipe
2 – Whole Large Roasted Chickens (home roasted or store-bought) – de-boned and meat chopped.
2 cups grapes (any color) – halved
2 cups almonds – roasted and thinly sliced
1 1/2 cups thinly sliced celery
2 large onions – finely chopped
4 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
2 cups mayonnaise
juice of 2 lemons
2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon ground pepper
- Take the meat off chickens and chop. Put into a large bowl.
- Add grapes, almonds, celery, onions, dill, and parsley. Mix well.
- In a smaller bowl, mix together mayonnaise, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Add the mayonnaise mixture to the chicken, vegetables, and spices. Mix well.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours or overnight for flavors to blend.
- Serve on Crescent rolls or over a bed of greens.
I Want To Hear From You!
Please leave me a comment if you made this chicken salad! How did it turn out for you? If you have any questions or comments, leave them in the section below.