25 September, 2019
Is Ibotta A Scam?
Have you been thinking about getting an Ibotta account but wondering, “Is Ibotta A Scam”? Let me help you decide by telling you my experiences with Ibotta! I have been using Ibotta for several years and I can give you my opinion as well as the pros and cons of using this app.
What Is Ibotta?
Ibotta is an app that you put on your phone to be able to clip coupons and discounts for stores. It offers coupons for money off all types of products at online and in store establishments. It is like taking coupons to the store without having to cut them out, physically take them in to the store and handing them to the cashier. This is the digital way of coupon shopping! It really saves time and money.
How Does Ibotta Work?
- First you will need to download the app and make an account. Ibotta has made this a very easy step. Click here and you will have the chance of earning $10 just for trying it out!
- Then you will find the selection “Find Offers” and choose a category you want to find offers in…grocery, online shopping, beer, wine & spirits, pharmacy, clothing, beauty and wellness, specialty, restaurants & bars, convenience, crafts & gifts, travel, home & electronics.
- After choosing a category you will then choose from the hundreds of stores that Ibotta is associated with. Some common ones are – Walmart, Target, Meijer, Amazon, Dollar General, Aldi, Costco, Sam’s Club, Dollar Tree, JoAnns, Groupon, EBay and many more!
- Now after a hard decision on which store to shop at, and of course you can do more than one, you click on that stores logo and the coupon offers will come up. There are all sorts of offers on products from generic and name brands to organic.
- If you see a coupon that interests you, click on it. This will automatically clip the coupon and it is ready for use. At other times, you will need to watch a short advertisement – usually about the product, or answer a short survey – like have you used the product before. These usually take around 30 seconds.
- Once you get all the coupons you want, you are ready to go to the store and purchase those items.
- There are two ways to redeem your coupons after you made your purchase. If you have a card or account with the store you are shopping at, you can link your card to your Ibotta account and Ibotta will automatically credit your account. If you do not have a card or an account, you will save your receipt and scan it in when you get home. It usually takes around 24 hours for your Ibotta account to be credited. At least, I have never had to wait longer than that.
Last year, I was able to save enough in my Ibotta account to help pay for Christmas gifts. This year, I am saving for a new phone or lap top to help with my online business. You can have your earnings moved over to a Pay Pal or Venmo account or get one of many different gift cards after you have earned at least $20. It really does not take long to make the minimum! This has been a great way to have a little savings account and I try to use it for something fun. Here is a screen shot of my current earnings.
Some of my earnings have come from bonuses offered. I made $10 just for redeeming 20 offers last month. That was over and above the coupon savings I received on those items. Plus, I made money by being on a team. Together we have earned even more over and above the coupons. Try Ibotta today and you will be on my team!
There are many pros and cons of using Ibotta. Here are the cons:
- Sometimes products are expensive items that I would not consider buying.
- If you do not have your account from your favorite store linked in, you will have to save your receipts to scan in.
- Sometimes you have to watch a video or take a survey to get the coupon.
- You will not get “rich”.
Here are the pros:
- Money off of items you use daily.
- Money off new items you want to try.
- You can link some stores to your account so that you do not have to scan in receipts.
- There are many business/stores to choose from.
- There are online and in store options.
- This is a good way to have a savings.
- Your account is credited within 24 hours.
- Saves time – no cutting coupons!
Do I think Ibotta is a scam? Absolutely not! They do what they say and do it well! They are constantly upgrading to make it easier too. One such upgrade, not too long ago, was to link a debit card to your Ibotta account. Then when paying in stores like Lowes or restaurants, like Bob Evans, you use the App to pay. It takes the money from your debit card, creates a gift card on your phone and credits your Ibotta account a percentage of what you spent. Each store has a different percentage, like Lowes is 3% and Bob Evans is 9%.
Another way of earning, is by being on a team. Anyone who uses my links will be on my team. A team will work together to redeem a set amount of offers. Once that number is met, each person on the team receives the bonus. It starts out at a low level, of .50 cents and if you meet that level, you will get to work at level 2 which is $1 and level 3 is $2, etc. The more people you have working on it the more you can get. Click here to join today, you will be on my team and I will help you earn team rewards!
If you are going to be a consumer at any of the stores or restaurants that Ibotta offers coupons or discounts to, why not take advantage of it and save some money at the same time? Click here to become a part of my team and I will help you reach the team goals and you can get $10 just for signing up!
Do you have experience with Ibotta? What are your favorite stores to use Ibotta in? If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to put them in the comment section below!