6 September, 2019
Large Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe- Like You Would Get In A Bakery
Do you just love going into a bakery and purchasing one of their large, soft, chewy cookies? So do I! I just cannot afford to buy them for my whole family. There are nine of us and that would be quite a bit of money to buy us each one, so I searched and found the perfect large chocolate chip recipe that satisfies the bakery cookie indulgence.
Plus, by making them myself, I can have more than one! I’m not sure if that is a good thing or not.
Next to my peanut butter cookie recipe, this one is my most requested one that I make. Who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies?
What makes the perfect cookie?
This is what I look for in a good cookie. It isn’t much, without these three things, I don’t consider it a good cookie.
- Crunchy on the outer edges of the cookie
- chewy on the inside
- not a “cakey” consistency
Large Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Ingredients
4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cups butter – melted
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons vanilla extract
2 whole eggs
2 egg yolks
4 cups semisweet chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt in one bowl.
- In the bowl of a Kitchen Aid stand mixer, cream melted butter and both brown sugar and white sugar until well blended.
- Beat in vanilla, egg and egg yolk until the consistency is light and creamy.
- Mix in the flour, baking soda and salt mixture from the other bowl into the butter mixture 1/4 cup at a time. Mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in the chocolate chips or chunks.
- Drop 1/4 cup of dough onto a flat baking stone. The cookies should be about 3 inches apart as they spread a bit. I was able to get 6 cookies on a stone at one time.
- Bake for 15 – 18 minutes at 325 degrees or until golden brown.
- Let cookies sit for 5 minutes on stone before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
You can easily substitute the chocolate chips for any kind of chip you like. Peanut butter chips mixed with chocolate is a good combination. How about white chocolate or butterscotch chips? You can really go crazy with the chips and make some great combinations!
You could also add nuts. Peanuts, cashews, pecans, walnuts? If you love nuts, you could easily add 1/2 cup to a whole cup full.
Fruits are good add ins as well. Choose any kind of dried fruit bits. Examples could be: cranberries, cherries, peaches, apricots.
How do you dress up your chocolate chip cookie? Any add ins that really make them special? Let me know in the comment section below!
These cookies make great holiday gifts. Learn how to package your cookies for shipping here. Get them to friends and family in the best condition possible. Also, make sure that your kitchen is stocked with the necessary tools to bake the perfect cookie. Here is a list of the must haves, your kitchen needs.
*As an Amazon Affiliate associate, I make commissions on all qualified purchases.