16 January, 2020
Lemon Jello Cheesecake Recipe – Light and Delicious!
I’m not sure where my mom found this Lemon Jello Cheesecake recipe, but I could eat this any day over a regular cheesecake. Yes, I like regular cheesecakes and you can find a recipe for one of my favorite here, but this one is so light and airy. It doesn’t fill you up like baked cheesecakes. When my mom would make it, she would make sure she was having company because my dad and I could sit down and eat the whole 13-inch cake pan full by ourselves!
I kinda forgot about this dessert, until I was going through my old recipe box. I came across a handwritten copy of it that my mom had given me. I challenged my 13-year-old daughter to make it. She was skeptical about the ingredients but did as I told her and now she says this is her favorite dessert.
You do need to plan on making this dessert ahead of time so that it has plenty of time to sit in the refrigerator and firm up. I like to make it a day ahead so that it can sit overnight. I’m sure several hours would be plenty, but I like desserts I can make ahead of time so that I can do other things.
Lemon Jello Cheesecake Recipe
1 small box lemon jello (3 ounces)
1 cup of sugar
1 cup water – boiling
1 can evaporate milk – chilled
1 8oz package cream cheese – softened
1/2 pound Club Crackers
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter – melted
1. Put the canned milk, bowl, and beaters in the freezer to chill.
2. Boil water and add to lemon jello and sugar in a medium bowl. Stir till jello and sugar are completely dissolved. Put in freezer for 45 minutes or until jello is just starting to get thick, but still runny.
3. In a chilled bowl with chilled beaters, beat the chilled evaporated milk till it becomes stiff.
4. To the whipped milk, add softened cream cheese and beat well.
5. With clean beaters, beat thickened jello mixture till foamy then add jello to milk and cream cheese mixture and mix well.
6. In a separate bowl, crush crackers and add melted butter. Mix well. Set aside 1 cup of cracker crumbs for the topping.
7. Spread crackers in the bottom of a 10 x 13-inch baking pan. Add cream cheese and jello filling, spreading it on top of crackers.
8. Top with the reserved crackers.
9. Put in refrigerator overnight or until filling is set.
Thank you for reading my recipe! I hope you have the chance to make your own and experience this wonderful dessert. I would love to hear how this turned out for you. Leave me a comment in the section below!