26 February, 2020
Oven Roasted Brussel Sprouts Recipe – Simple and Delicious
I love this easy side dish that is healthy and my whole family loves. This oven roasted Brussels sprouts recipe only takes about 20 -30 minutes to fix and it goes with just about any kind of meat entree . Tonight I made them to go with my beef stroganoff.
I have a Kenmore – Turbo Boil Flex oven that has a convection roast option. I love this option and will not buy another oven that does not have it. It is especially great for roasting chickens. I have gotten my chickens to come just like the ones you can buy in the store and the cost of roasting them yourself is cheaper too.
With the Brussels sprouts, you have to be careful that they do not burn. Checking them every 10 minutes and giving them a quick stir will help to get them to just the right color and texture. I like mine a little over done and “charred” but the kids won’t eat them that way, so I am more diligent about checking them often.
Oven Roasted Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb Fresh Brussels Sprouts – trimmed and cut in half
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees on a Convection Roasting option of your oven.
- Trim ends of Brussels sprouts and take off any bad outer leaves. Cut Brussels sprouts in half and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine peanut oil, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Place halved brussels sprouts into oil and seasoning mixture and toss till all the brussels sprouts are covered.
- Pour covered brussels sprouts onto a large baking pan and spread out so that they are all in a single layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 – 30 minutes, checking them every 10 minutes and giving them a quick stir. Continue baking until brussels sprouts are a medium brown color or till the desired doneness.
Another Brussels Sprout Recipe
A Show of Hands
How many of you have roasted Brussels sprouts before? Do you like them? Tell me your experience. Do you have a convection roasting option on your oven? Let me know by putting your suggestions, comments and questions in the comment section below.