21 October, 2019
Simple Pumpkin Dessert – Frost On The Pumpkin
This is a great simple pumpkin dessert that you can make ahead of time for a potluck or other function where you need to bring a dessert. It has a crunchy, shortbread cookie like crust, a creamy pumpkin filling, a cinnamon flavored whipped cream topping and crushed candy bars on top.
Frost On The Pumpkin
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup butter – softened
2 Tablespoons sugar
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans (I used walnuts.)
1 Tablespoon unflavored gelatin
1/4 cup cold water
3 egg yolks
1/3 cup sugar
2 cups fresh pureed pumpkin or 1 -1 6 ounces can pumpkin
2/3 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
3 egg whites
3 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 full size Butterfingers candy bars – crushed
- In a Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer, mix together flour, butter, and sugar well. Add in nuts.
- Pat dough into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes in a preheated 325 degree oven or until lightly browned.
- Cool completely.
- Dissolve gelatin in cold water and set aside.
- Combine egg yolks, sugar, pumpkin, milk, salt, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, and nutmeg in a medium sauce pan and mix well. Over medium heat bring mixture to a boil.
- Remove from heat and add gelatin. Stir until mixed in well. Cool.
- Make a meringue with the egg whites, powdered sugar and cream of tarter. With the whisk attachment on your Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer, beat the three ingredients till stiff peaks form.
- Fold meringue into cooled pumpkin mixture.
- Pour on top of cooled crust. Set in refrigerator until pumpkin sets up.
- In a Kitchen Aid Mixer with whisk attachment, beat heavy cream, powdered sugar, cinnamon and vanilla till soft peaks form. Spread on top of pumpkin after the pumpkin has set.
- Crush candy bars and sprinkle on top of whipped cream.
More Pumpkin Recipes To Enjoy
Did you get to make this pumpkin dessert? What were your thoughts? Did you like it? Leave me your comments and suggestions in the comment section below!
**I am an affiliate with Amazon and Ibotta. I make a commission on any qualified purchase, at no extra cost to the consumer.